This is a great and filling recipe for when time is short. The potatoes can be prepared and pre-cooked ahead of time and frozen or kept in the fridge until ready to use. Try it different ways using any other veg you like.
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 450g of potatoes
- 110g of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 8 medium free range eggs
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- 30g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Pinch of salt and ground black pepper
- Chopping board
- Large bowl
- Large saucepan
- Non-stick frying pan
- Vegetable peeler
- Heat the oil in a deep 23cm/9inch frying pan.
- Add the onions and cook on high heat for 3-4 mins until soft.
- Peel the potatoes and cut lengthways into chunky chips about 1cm thick.
- Add to the pan and cook on medium heat for 15 mins until tender.
- Add the peas then remove pan from the heat and turn down to low.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl and season with the salt and pepper.
- Add the Parmesan and mint into the eggs and mix well.
- Pour the egg mixture into the pan ensuring it covers evenly around all the potatoes and onions.
- Return the pan to the heat and leave to cook until nearly set on top.
- Meanwhile, preheat grill to high.
- Slide the pan under the grill for 2-3 minutes until the tortilla is puffed up and lightly golden on top.
- Serve cut into wedges with a fresh mixed salad.
Energy837kj 200kcal 10%
Potatoes are a good source of vitamin C and vitamin B1(Thiamine) Thiamine is used in the body to break down carbohydrates.
Nutrient rich eggs
Eggs are one of the most nutrient-dense foods, not only are they a great source of protein. They are also a rich source of vitamin B2(Riboflavin) and vitamin A. Vitamin B2 helps to convert nutrients from the foods we eat into energy our bodies can use.