This is a great option as part of a buffet style event or as an alternative tv or movie watching snack.
Easily and quickly made up in small or larger amounts, to be used throughout the week adding lovely flavour and crunchy texture to salad and pasta lunches.
- 400g tin chickpeas
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 100ml vegetable (rapeseed) oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Garlic crusher
- Roasting tin
- Spoon or set of tongs
- Rinse and drain the chickpeas before spreading over a plate lined with kitchen roll to dry well
- While the chickpeas are drying, preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6
- Add all the spices and garlic to a bowl and mix well
- Add the oil to a roasting tray and heat on top of the hob
- Add the chickpeas to the oil and mix well with the cumin seeds
- Place the tray in the preheated oven and roast for 10-15 minutes until the chickpeas are crispy and golden
- Add them to the bowl of spices and mix or shake, making sure they are all well coated
Nutrition per serving portion (serves 4)
Each portion provides on average
Energy1435kj 343kcal 17.15%
Chickpeas are a great source of dietary fibre which helps to keep our digestive systems healthy and feed our benefitial gut bacteria.
A source of plant based protein, chickpeas help to keep us feeling fuller for longer. Chickpeas also contain good amounts of important minerals such as Iron and Magnesium, as well as vitamin B-6.