An easy to make quick and healthier dessert
- 680g of any mixed summer fruits (plums, nectarines, peaches, apricots
- 85g of caster sugar
- 225g strawberries or raspberries
- 2 teaspoons Sichuan pepper corns, crushed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds, crushed
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch of ground black pepper
- Juice of 1/2 a lime
- Greek yoghurt or creme fraiche to serve
- Chopping board
- Large ovenproof dish
How to make the spiced baked fruit salad
- Preheat the oven to 180C, 350F, gas 4.
- Cut the fruit in half removing the stones,(quarter any large fruit)
- Place in an ovenproof dish and sprinkle over the sugar, coriander, pepper and lemon juice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 mins until fruit is tender.
- Remove the foil, cool and place in the fridge to chill.
- Before serving, if using strawberries de-stalk them and slice.
- Mix the strawberries or raspberries with the baked fruit and serve with yoghurt or creme fraiche.
Energy452kj 108kcal 5.4%
Fruit of all kinds are a rich source of many important vitamins needed to keep our bodies healthy.
As with vitamins, fruit in all its forms are a rich source of minerals used in the body for many important functions.